The shocking lawsuit against X-Men Director Bryan Singer is only the first salvo in a legal campaign to address alleged child molestation by Hollywood powerhouses.
The lawsuit against Singer was filed by acclaimed attorney Jeff Herman who says “Hollywood has a problem with the sexual exploitation of children,” and “this is the first of many cases I will be filing to give these victims a voice and to expose the issue” as reported by Ted Johnson for Variety. Indeed, the Miami-based lawyer says “three more lawsuits will be filed next week” as reported by Kyle Muzenriede for the Miami New Times.
Herman says that since filing the action against Singer “he has been amazed by what he’s discovered about the widespread nature of sex abuse in Hollywood and the unspoken knowledge of such conduct” as reported by Ryan Buxton for The Huffington Post:
“I’ve seen a lot of things — [defending victims of sexual abuse] is all that I do — but I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a more organized and ongoing open secret,” he said. “I’m getting regular contacts from people saying, ‘Oh, you should hear what’s happening over here.’” Herman added that he’s been told about numerous “vile” rings of sexual predation, some of which overlap. But “the commonality of this is they’re all men in Hollywood, all men using their positions of power and influence to sexually exploit children,” he said.
Award-winning filmmaker Amy Berg who made the documentary Deliver Us From Evil about molesting priests is at work on a project to expose the degenerate underbelly among the Tinseltown brotherhood, and among her sources is Singer’s accuser Michael Egan III as reported by Sara Nathan for the Daily Mail.
Meanwhile, Singer denies the allegations, and says he has proof that he was not even in Hawaii when the alleged rape of Egan occurred as reported by The Associated Press: “Singer was mainly in Toronto working on the first X-Men movie from August through October 1999, defense attorney Marty Singer told The Associated Press.” Moreover, the FBI says that Egan never mentioned Singer when he lodged a 2000 criminal complaint which did result in the conviction of another as reported by TMZ.
There previously have been allegations of powerful entertainment industry figures molesting young boys. For example, in 1975 the NYDA and NYPD initiated an investigation dubbed Operation Together which, among other things, was looking into mob-controlled underage boy sex rings, and according to a now-retired detective assigned to the case with whom this blogger spoke a now-deceased Hollywood director nominated for multiple Oscars was notorious for sex parties at his Long Island estate which were stocked with jail bait. The investigation further allegedly implicated individuals at the highest levels in New York City politics, power and society, and was shut down in 1977 by “top brass” over the objections of assigned investigators and an ADA as they were on the verge of bringing indictments.
A few years later investigator Dale Smith from the New York State Senate’s Select Committee on Crime, said in a July 27, 1982 article by the Associated Press that “organized crime in New York” was running a six-city boy prostitution network – Los Angeles, San Francisco, New Orleans, New York, Washington and Houston – with the “male prostitutes between the ages of 13 and 16 . . . shuttled between the cities.”
1980s child star Corey Feldman claims in his recent memoir Coreyography that the entertainment industry in Hollywood is riddled with pedophiles who prey on the young talent as reported by Sherryl Connelly for the Daily News: “Feldman . . . charges that the ‘number one problem in Hollywood was, and is, and always will be, pedophilia.’”
Query whether the FBI — a Bureau spokespersons insists it “vigorously pursues all allegations involving the sexual abuse of minors” as reported by Hollie McKay for Fox News — has yet sent any special agents to interview Feldman about his repeated claims.
Further reading that may be of interest:
Al Sharpton has pushed back hard against recent allegations that in the mid-1980s he was a mob associate who only became a mob rat after the FBI seemingly captured him on surveillance video claiming to know a potential purchaser for multiple kilos of pure cocaine.
There could be multiple reasons for the vociferous denials by Reverand Al. Maybe he doesn’t want a criminal past to sully his reputation now that he’s rubbing elbows with the power elite. Or maybe he doesn’t want the snitch label to undermine his street cred. Heck, maybe Al Sharpton is innocent as he claims, and he went to the FBI after receiving threats from the wise guys for his activism in the music industry.
Of course, if the allegations are true that Al Sharpton once was a mob associate, then he was an Uncle Tom who betrayed his own people for personal gain, and perhaps that’s the reason the good Reverend insists he never worked for the Mafia. After all, it’s hard to claim that you’re working as a civil rights activist for the downtrodden black community when you’re a mobbed-up parasite feasting upon your own people.
The Mafia long has exploited the black community, and in big cities in the Midwest and the Northeast it has done as much harm as the KKK in the South.
How many black lives were destroyed by the drugs peddled by the Mafia? How much black wealth was stolen through the numbers game which was called the Italian lottery by some and the “n***** pool” by others? How many black workers were denied good jobs because of racist mobsters who controlled the unions?
And allegedly Al Sharpton was a willing participant in the mob’s black exploitation as reported by The Smoking Gun:
At one point before he was “flipped,” Sharpton participated in a mob scheme to create a business front that would seek a share of lucrative Con Edison set-asides intended for minority-owned businesses. That deal, which involved garbage collection contracts, cratered when the power company determined that Sharpton’s silent partner was Genovese captain Matthew “Matty the Horse” Ianniello.
Indeed, Colombo-mobster-turned-Christian-evangelical Michael Franzese knew Al Sharpton back in the day, and the reformed mobster alleges the good reverend is not coming clean about his mob past as reported by Jerry Capeci for Gang Land News: “He was a gun for hire, our gun for hire,” recalled Franzese, and “he built his reputation on defending the civil rights of blacks, but he would exploit them for money.”
Moreover, it’s not simply that the Mafia criminally exploited the black community but many mobsters are vile racists.
For example, Nicholas “Nicky Skins” Stefanelli, the Gambino soldier who wore a wire for the G-men until committing suicide two years ago, once was charged by federal prosecutors for his alleged role in beating a black man in a landmark civil rights case.
On September 30, 1972 the victim, Robert L. Chavers, was eating at Ed’s Diner in the white North Ward section of Newark, NJ, and Stefanelli and two other reputed Gambino mobsters allegedly beat him because they did not want black people at the eatery as reported in a March 8, 1975 article (“2 Are Guilty of Violating Civil Rights of a Black“) for The Associated Press.
Stefanelli and the two others, Robert Bisaccia and Louis Fulco, were charged by the United States Task Force Against Organized Crime with violating the victim’s civil rights under the public accomodations statute, and the case represented the first time that the Task Force had used the law against reputed mobsters in New Jersey. A hung jury resulted in a mistrial against the trio, and the charge later was dismissed against Stefanelli although his co-defendants Bisaccia and Fulco pled guilty during a second trial against them.
Frankly, it’s unfathomable how President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder could stand by their man Al Sharpton if the allegations are confirmed. Indeed, Holder knows first hand the racist blood that often runs through the Italian Mafia. During his early years as an assistant prosecutor Holder convicted reputed Bufalino mobster James Osticco, and upon first learning that Holder was black Osticco allegedly uttered a racist slur.
Of course, Al Sharpton and his political cronies today maintain power and make money from race hustling, and the last thing to which they can admit is that the good Reverend once may have been a mobbed-up Uncle Tom. After all, that kind of talk might kill the goose that lays the golden egg. It all sounds like just another racket.
Earlier this month the FBI busted an alleged drug smuggling scheme between New York’s Mafia and Italy’s Calabrian Mafia.
Of course, regular readers of Beyond Peradventure were not surprised to learn about the transatlantic alliance. After all, for years this blog has warned that the drug trafficking Calabrian Mafia – or ‘Ndrangheta — was entrenched in the United States and Canada with surprisingly little push back from law enforcement. Indeed, the crime group is suspected of backing a breakaway faction from the Rizzuto family in Montreal, QB Canada for control over the drug rackets in Montreal and New York, and it necessarily would have to hook up with New York’s Mafia in order to push product in their territory. According to the FBI the Calabrian Mafia has partnered with reputed associates from the Gambino and Bonanno families that are obvious choices given their long-standing involvement in the international drug trade.
The only surprise about the bust is its narrow reach into the supposed scheme concerning both smuggling logistics and involved players. For example, the feds allege that Mexican cartel-supplied cocaine would move from Guyana, South America into Gioia Tauro, Calabria but clam up in explaining how the product would move from Italy to Canada and then into New York which of course was the entire point of partnering with the Gambino and Bonanno families. And curiously no made members – let alone any bosses — from these two crime families are named defendants in the indictment; rather, only a reputed associate from each — Franco Lupoi and Charles Centaro, respectively — have been charged.
The failure to address the drug pipeline from Canada into New York or to include additional defendants aren’t minor gaps in the smuggling scheme but gaping holes. Indeed, Lupoi supposedly claimed he could smuggle anyone from Canada into New York through an Indian reservation which straddles over both jurisdictions, and a law enforcement source said it’s likely the drug operation was approved by his Gambino bosses. So why doesn’t the indictment reflect these components? As currently framed the indictment touches only the tip of the proverbial iceberg.
The FBI states its investigation is “ongoing “ but the bust has provided the Gambino and Bonnano families with a heads up, and its undercover agent “Jimmy” who infiltrated the purported plot is now out of any information loop. Lupoi allegedly was instrumental in brokering the joint alliance between the Gambino family and the Calabrian Mafia, and due to his supposed ties to reputed underboss Frank Cali and soldier Pete Inzerillo perhaps the feds hope to flip him before bringing a superseding and more expansive indictment.
The bust has raised more questions than it’s answered, and the $64,000 question is what role, if any, Calabrian mobsters from New York – and perhaps even their Gambino and Bonanno partners — have with the ongoing resurrection against the Rizzuto family in Montreal, Canada for control over the drug pipeline into the Big Apple. Among those charged in the New York drug bust was reputed ‘Ndrangheta associate Raffaele Valente, and in successfully keeping him behind bars pending trial the government alleged in a court-filed detention memorandum that “Valente has been recorded on Italian court-authorized wiretaps bragging about the armed and violent group he has assembled in New York.” Moreover, among those killed in the ongoing drug war in Montreal was former Bonanno boss Salvatore “Sal the Ironworker” Montagna who was allied with the Calabrian Mafia until their relationship soured.
The one thing that has been seemingly confirmed by the bust is that the Gambino and Bonanno families include foreign nationals among its members and associates who are deeply involved in the global drug trade. However, the question remains when the U.S. Treasury Department will designate them as transnational criminal organizations under Executive Order 13581 to freeze their assets and ban Americans from conducting any business with them.
Further reading that may be of interest:
Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, the Forbes-listed billionaire who heads the Sinaloa cartel which supplies eighty percent of the illicit drugs consumed by degenerate Americans, has been arrested in a joint operation by Mexican marines and the U.S. DEA as reported by CNN: “Guzman, who authorities say has eluded capture for years, is wanted in the United States on multiple federal drug trafficking charges and last year was named a Public Enemy No. 1 by the Chicago Crime Commission.”
‘There’s no drug-trafficking organization in Mexico with the scope, the savvy, the operational ability, expertise and knowledge as the Sinaloa cartel,’ said one former U.S. law enforcement official, who couldn’t be quoted by name for security reasons” as reported by the New York Post: “You’ve kind of lined yourself up the New York Yankees of the drug trafficking world.”
The late Montreal Mafia boss Nicolo Rizzuto ran a construction firm fifty years ago that sucked on the government teat “starting almost immediately after he arrived in Canada from Sicily in the 1950s” as reported by Linda Gyulai for The Gazette:
Rizzuto’s resume included in his company’s bidding documents at the time claims he even participated in the construction of Montreal’s cherished Expo 67, the Universal and International Exposition of 1967 that put the city on the world map. The company, Grand Royal Asphalt Paving, also landscaped, paved and laid sewers and pipes in a dozen public parks in Montreal under four municipal contracts between 1963 and 1966 that The Gazette discovered in the city’s archives.
The Charbonneau Commission currently is investigating claims that the Montreal Mafia and dirty politicians are taking cuts from government contracts to construction companies in a massive bid rigging scheme, and “now it appears Nicolo Rizzuto himself was part of the foundation, so to speak, more than half a century ago.”
Augustine “Augie” Guido has pleaded guilty to his role “in the heist of $1 million worth of cigarettes from a New Jersey trucking facility in July 2010″ which was set up as an FBI sting as reported by Zak Koeske for the Staten Island Advance. Two of Guido’s co-defendants also have admitted their guilt, and charge’s against five others including reputed Lucchese associate Charles “Charlie Tuna” Giustra remain pending.
Imprisoned mobster Giuseppe Setola once headed a hit squad for the Casalesi clan from the Camorra or Neapolitan Mafia, and now after losing his liberty the degenerate killer has lost his wealth as reported by ANSA: “flats, villas, companies and bank accounts were part of the assets seized or frozen from Giuseppe Setola, serving multiple life terms for leading a Casalesi execution team that between May 2 and December 12 2008 murdered 18 people, including six West African immigrants.”